Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sticking To My Original Topic

Since starting school I've been debating about weather or not I should keep photography as my topic or pursue culinary art as a new topic. I looked at the pros and cons of both and it was very hard to eventually choose, I mean even as I write I'm having my doubt. I just want a topic that leaves me with connections that will help me with a career in the future, you know? Eventually it came down to thinking about mentorship, I have a mentorship for photography and wouldn't have a problem finding one in culinary art ( my dad's cousin is a chef). After considering mentorship, it came down to distance and how far I would have to travel to work with my mentor, if I had chosen to work with my dad's cousin, I'd have to find a way to make it to Norwalk and I just don't have the resources nor the finances for gas to do that at least a couple times a week. Continuing to work with Jack, I only have to travel for about 10-20 minutes to get to the studio and I got into his ROP class, convenience won out this inner battle. Hopefully my interest in photography will continue to grow and not be hindered by "what ifs" transpiring from my topic choice. Photography it was and photography it shall stay my senior topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment