Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Post

This month I really started doing things in ROP: Digital Photography, one of the assignments that I accomplished this month was the leading lines and having a subject, so below I have a photo of Christine Navarro's feet on a leading line.

[Right here I decided to crop the picture, adjust the brightness, and put the photo into grayscale.]

The next big thing that I worked on with the camera and in Photoshop was the rule of thirds position in photos. Rule of thirds is really just the positioning of the subject in the photo to make it interesting. When working with the rule of thirds it's better to have the main subject off to the side of the photo instead of dead center. I took a photo of a lady bug to to demonstrate that:
[For this photo I had to crop a bit to get the lady bug into the rule of thirds position]

Finally, the most recent thing that I did in ROP was kind of put together the two things and take a photo that is in rule of thirds and has a leading line. For this I decided to take a photo of Lupe Lara:
[I cropped this photo of Lupe into a rule of thirds position and the leading line is the main one that she's standing on]

Overall, ROP is running really smooth right now and I'm getting a lot of practice with the camera and Photoshop. Uhm, that's it for now.